Our Main Street University events offer you the opportunity to learn something new about topics ranging from investment tools to using social media! Refreshments are served at every event, and they’re great networking opportunities. The schedule is below; come to any that interest you, and bring a friend! All events are hosted at our offices. Please call our Richmond office if you have any questions.
Please select the event(s) you wish to attend below, and use the form to RSVP!
Check back frequently as events are added regularly!
Divorce can be one of the biggest, most challenging decisions you will ever make, and you don’t need to make it alone.
SECOND SATURDAY DIVORCE WORKSHOP was designed to help you take the next step, no matter where you are in the process of untying the knot. It provides unbiased information to help you understand all of your options, deal with your emotions, and move forward with your life.
- Explore the legal, financial, psychological and social issues of divorce.
- Discover community resources available to help you.
- Talk with other women experiencing similar life changes.
Learn from experts who have guided thousands of women through divorce. Visit www.SecondSaturday.com to learn more.
8:30–9:00 – Registration
9:00–9:45 – Legal Issues
Presented by a divorce attorney
- The divorce process and legal fees
- Protecting yourself legally and financially
- Child custody; Child and Spousal Support
- Avoiding court through mediation and Collaborative Law
9:45 – Break
10:00–10:45 – Family Issues
Presented by a family counselor
- Dealing with a hostile spouse
- Helping your family cope with the stress of divorce
- Rebuilding self esteem
10:45-11:30 – Financial Issues
Presented by a financial advisor
- Preparing for divorce
- Dividing property
- The tax consequence of divorce
11:30-12:00 – Questions & Answers
May 11, 2019
June 8, 2019
July 13, 2019
August 10, 2019
September 14, 2019
October 12, 2019
November 9, 2019
If you would like to RSVP for a workshop please complete the form below or
Call: (804) 270-4470 Email: email@example.com
Walk-ins are welcome!
(Cash or check at registration)
Second Saturday workshops are presented by agreement with the Women’s Institute for Financial Education (WIFE.org), a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, the oldest and most trusted non-profit devoted to female financial literacy.