LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Registered Financial Consultant (RFC)
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING
University of Florida (1974)
Master’s Degree, Journalism and Mass Communications, University of Oklahoma (1985)
Tom is co-owner and Managing Partner of Optimum Ed, a Richmond-based higher education and financial aid planning firm, and the co-founder and current president of Beacon Tree Foundation, dedicated to providing information, resources, and funding to families with mentally ill children. A retired military officer, he is a graduate of the Army’s Command and General Staff College and the Defense Information School.
Tom recently published the third edition of his college-planning book “The No-Nonsense Guide to Higher Education,” and has been published in the Richmond Times-Dispatch. He has also been featured in other local publications and on local radio and television as an expert on college and financial aid planning. Tom’s desire is to assist our clients in securing an affordable college education for their children, to help them establish a productive and sustainable career.
He and his wife, Diana, live in Midlothian and have four children and two grandchildren.
- Member of the Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators and the Higher Education Consultants Association
- Member of the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants
- President-elect for the St. Francis Medical Center Community Advisory Board
- Treasurer for the Virginia Treatment Center for Children’s Advisory Council
- Member of the Children’s Mental Health Resource Center’s program committee
- Past president of the Kiwanis Club of Midlothian-Chesterfield
Tom Leahy is not affiliated with LPL Financial. You are under no obligation to use the services of Tom Leahy or any of the entities shown, and may choose any qualified professional to provide any of the services described above.