At The Main Street Group, we have over 30 years of investment experience. We’ve seen the disastrous results of bad decisions and “get rich quick” opportunities; we believe that shortcuts, speculation and short-term investment philosophies just do not work.
With our real-world experience in mind, we’ve developed a simple list of our iron-clad rules. We believe in:
- Hard work and solid research.
- Investing in opportunities in different market conditions.
- Selecting the right investment tools for the right situations.
- Creating portfolios that fit each person’s individual goals.
- A total approach, incorporating tax strategies, estate planning, and preservation of assets for your family.
- Calling in other knowledgeable professionals when you need specialized advice.
We believe that growth is good, not greed. Our goal is to take the lessons we have learned and help our clients develop their own personalized investment philosophy. To this end, we actively encourage our clients to avoid:
- Companies that can’t explain what they make or sell.
- High-risk investments.
- Chasing rates of return. An investment’s past performance is not an indicator of future achievement.
- The Tooth Fairy! Money does not magically appear.
- Fads, trends, speculation, and industry buzzwords, especially if the only goal is bragging rights.
The best piece of advice that we’ve ever heard came from our company founder’s grandfather, who was a farmer. He said: “Always remember: there is no right way to do a wrong thing.”
We think that pretty well sums it up.
Disclosure: Stock investing involves risk, including loss of principal. No strategy assures success or protects against loss.